Three words describe our mission here at The Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville:
Called. Fed. Sent.
Here is our formal mission statement:
The Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville is a welcoming community, called by God to be followers of Jesus Christ, fed by the Word of God, and sent by the Spirit into the world to live lives of stewardship and service.
Here is some other information about who we are and what we believe:
- We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- We are deeply rooted in the Reformed theological tradition, which is an impulse toward innovation: “The church once reformed, always being reformed according to the word of God.”
- We believe God’s word in scripture bears witness to God’s Word, Jesus Christ. The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by the Holy Spirit, and represent the unique and authoritative witness to Jesus Christ in the Church universal. We take the Bible too seriously to take it only at its literal meaning.
- We are people of diverse perspective and make-up—Republican and Democrat, of varying lifestyles and backgrounds. All are welcome, regardless of race, political affiliation, sexual orientation, age or gender; we find our unity not in uniformity, but in Christ.
- We find church to be a place of meaning-making, where seekers can explore Christ’s truth and purpose for their lives, but where few wear their piety on their sleeves.
- We are people committed to mission, existing to serve those beyond our walls—from serving meals to the homeless, “mucking out” houses in Mississippi, to building homes in Trenton, we are a “roll up your sleeves” community of Christians.
January 23 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
January 24 @ 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm
January 25 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm