Join us for a virtual choir this March!
We invite everyone from the community – which means anywhere – to join us for a virtual choir project to produce a vocal piece for our Easter worship. We’ll sing a very simple but very well-known and loved piece, Beethoven’s Ode to Joy, set to the hymn Christ Is Risen, Shout Hosanna. Just follow these simple steps, and then upload your video!
- Get the your equipment. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A cell phone
- A computer, laptop or tablet
- Print the music. You can download it here.
- Practice the guide track. We’ll be singing much of this in four-part harmony – pick your part from among the video guide tracks below, and practice along until you feel comfortable with it.
- Record when you’re ready. The key is to have the music of the guide track playing on your headphones (NOT live–otherwise you’ll record the guide track too) while you sing live. The best way to do that is to have the guide track playing on headphones using your computer or other device, and then record with your cell phone on “selfie” mode so you can see yourself. Or vice versa – play the track on your cell phone headphones, and record the video in front of your computer – whatever works. Little tip: look joyful!
- Please clap your hands twice before you begin – so we can see your hands and hear you clap. this helps us line up your vocal track with your lips if it gets wonky.
- Feel free to record an instrument track! Either just an instrumental track, or along with your vocal track – the more sound the merrier!
FINALLY – UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO HERE. Please upload by March 27. If you have any trouble, just email email@example.com.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!
Soprano/Melody (no vocals – sing with the melody):
Alto (with middle part down the octave, feel free to sing in upper register):